Version of Distiller (and PDF) in FM 5.5.6 on UNIX

Does anyone one the list know which version of Distiller (and therefore
version of PDF generated) comes with FM 5.5.6 on UNIX (specifically,
Solaris)?

I'm trying to find out if we can rely just on FM 5.5.6 on UNIX to
generate
the latest version of PDF that takes full advantage of the Acrobat 4
Readers
or if we have to separately purchase Acrobat 4 on Windows or Mac OS
to distill PostScript files generated by FM 5.5.6 on UNIX.

Ezra