Re: FM on Linux (voting on applications wishlist)

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 23:39:10 -0400, Jay Smith <jay@jaysmith.com> wrote:

>I did it right away -- anybody interested in applications on Linux should do
>this.
>
>NOTE: The url does not get you all the way to the wish list.  You have to
>select it from the column of menu items presented on the left side of the main
>page.

Try this for a direct flight to the FrameMaker page (I hope):

  http://207.178.22.52/cgi-bin/wish/display.pl?cat=Publishing

>The vote count for FM was now 203.

It's up to 205... which is the *highest* count, by a lot, in
its category (Publishing). The next highest are:
 PhotoShop   158
 Visio       133
 PageMaker   126
 Acrobat      84
 QuarkExpress 81
 QuarkXPress  68

The correct total for Quark is probably the higher of the two, not the
sum of them...  In any case, it's an impressive relative performance
for FrameMaker, and for Adobe (with 4 of the top 5).

  (jeremy@omsys.com)  http://www.omsys.com/