Validating CALS tables in FM+SGML 5.5.6

Hi Framers,

I am working with FM+SGML 5.5.6 on Win98 to maintain different documents containing a lot of CALS tables. Everything works fine except initialising some required attributes after I create a new table.

If I create a new table (using Insert Table dialog box) I define e.g. 5 as initial value for the number of columns. Using Read/Write ruls for CALS table model as recommended in FM+SGML Developer's Guide (Appendix C) I can export and import my documents to and from SGML format without any errors/problems.

The Read/Write rule such:

element "tgroup"
{
attribute "cols" is fm property columns;
}

initial my "cols" attribute during export/import to 5 (so far so good). The problem is that after creating the table, the required attribute "cols" is not initialised immediately. I skip attribute dialog box during creating tables and this causes afterwards many problems during validating my document. Each time a new table is validated my FM reports: "Element Tgroup, value required for attribute (Cols)".

The question is: Is there any way to map Columns field value (Without using FDK) in the Insert Table dialog box to the required Cols attribute in Tgroup element when you crate a table from scratch. For the case FDK should be used, is there any source code (API/DLL's) available on Internet to get rid of this problem.

Thanks in advance,
 N. Silakhori (Zoetermeer, The Netherlands)