Re: List of Effective Pages

I have a solution if the docs are in FM+SGML. It even handles point pages,
and can put the page number as well as the revdate/revnumber (and any
preceding or following blank page numbers) in the running footer. It is not,
however, adaptable to ordinary FrameMaker, since the element that implements
it utilizes attributes, as well as an invisible autonumbered paragraph
containing the page number of each page. That is, one of these elements must
be inserted on each page. The attributes for this element include one for
the rev number and/or rev date. The value in this attribute (preceded by a
tab character) is put into a suffix to the invisible paragraph. Thus the
invisible paragraph has the following content:
        page number - tab - revnumber or revdate
Consequently, a generated list of paragraphs for this paragraph tag becomes
the LEP.
At 10:16 AM 8/30/99 -0400, edunn@transport.bombardier.com wrote:

>If you find a way to automate the LEP please tell us how. The LEP
generation has
>been one of the long manual labour task we have to give our secretaries just
>before delivery of each manual set.
>
>Eric L. Dunn

>    1999 FrameUsers Conference: http://www.FrameUsers.com/conference/
>     Dr. John Warnock Keynote on Adobe and the Future of FrameMaker
>    Don't miss a special 2-day conference course with Shlomo Perets

     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646