Re: Has anyone else...

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999 16:33:34 -0400, Suzette Seveny <sseveny@petvalu.com> wrote:

>Has anyone else received  solicitation from pubsnet for Adobe training?  I am
>trying to identify which FrameMaker list they got my name from, so that I can
>unsubscribe from that list.

I doubt if they got it from either one.  I *know* they couldn't get it from
us; we only give out "who" lists to bona-fide members who ask, and nobody
ever has...  Brad doesn't have an open "who" either.

More to the point, I have (different) "stealth" addresses subscribed to *both*
Framers lists, as a way of verifying list operation and of detecting spam...
and PubsNet has not sent anything to any of them.  So wherever they got their
list, it wasn't from *either* Framers list.  Security measures pay off at times
like this...

>I don't mind seeing postings on the list, but I do
>object to my name being passed around and added to other lists for the purposes
>of mass marketing.

Quite rightly so.

>Any assistance anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Since you *have* posted, your addy may have been harvested from your posts.
Really, there's no way to avoid spam entirely.  In this particular case, as
PubsNet makes no attempt to hide, you can simply unsub from them as they
describe in their posts.  Or delete them; I've seen only two in the last
year from them, last October and today.  Not worth worrying about, IMHO.

   (jeremy@omsys.com)     http://www.omsys.com/
** To subscribe to Free Framers, email the message **
** body "subscribe framers" to majordomo@omsys.com **