Re: mystery to me: negative values for Space Below

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 20:21:16 +0100 (MET), Thomas Michanek <tmi@telelogic.se>
wrote:

>Setting Space Below to a negative value has no effect unless you
>also set Space Above for the following object to a negative value.
>In the case of an anchored table, it's the paragraph's Space Below
>and the table's Space Above that should be set to negative values.

Correct, and that is as it should be.  Remember, Frame does *not*
add the Space Below to the following Space Above to determine the
real spacing, as Word (and pretty much all the rest of the world)
does.  Instead, Frame compares the two values, and uses the larger
of them as the actual spacing.  So to get any particular spacing,
you must check both values, and make sure the larger is the one
you want to see... and of course, 0 is larger than -10. ;-)

   (jeremy@omsys.com)     http://www.omsys.com/
** To subscribe to Free Framers, email the message **
** body "subscribe framers" to majordomo@omsys.com **