Re: cleaning out old fonts

Deborah, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I've had "Remember
Missing Fonts" unchecked for some time. That gets rid of
everything except old fonts in tables. You sound like you really
know your stuff. Got any other ideas?

I've also followed Jay Smith's advice (thank you Jay!): I've
double-checked that the old, unused tags that have the unwanted
fonts REALLY don't exist anywhere in the doc--Body, Reference, or
Master pages. Then I've re-created the four or five old tags that
turn up in the MIF with the old fonts but I've re-created them
using current fonts and definitions and done Update All. Looking
in the MIF, I found that those tags STILL had the old fonts.

All occurrences of these tags/fonts are in tables. As far as I can
tell, they're being used to create "ghost" columns. I've got
three-column tables that have 8 or more columns defined in the
MIF! And the ghost columns have, of course, the ghost tags and
ghost fonts. I'm feeling pretty haunted 'long about now.

These ancient tags and fonts seem to be locked away in parts of
the table that don't really exist. I'm pretty good with
FrameMaker, I've used it for years and I like it a lot. And
generally I have a fairly good time solving problems. But this one
has really got me. I'm trying to clean up the templates and doc
set so that we can distribute them to contractors and outsources.
I'm almost there. All I have to do is bust the ghosts.

Thanks to all...

Rhea
Lead Technical Writer, InterBase Software Corp.