Re: Getting rid of hidden fonts

Rhea,

How about....

1) Doing Find/Replace for Find Paragraph Tag (type tagname) and see if
there really are paragraphs (probably blank lines or on unused master
pages or in unused headers/footers) using those names.  If you find
such occurrences, you could do a Replace BY PASTING (you will first
have to do an Edit, Copy Special, ParaTag to get the tagname that you
you will be "by pasting") with a tagname that is NOT OTHERWISE USED
and which you can easily control.  Careful, if that new tag has 12pt
size and you are in a table normally with 8pt text, it will muck up
the table.  WARNING: THIS PASTING OPERATION CAN CAUSE CRASHES IN
CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES IF YOU ARE NOT ON 5.5.6.

2) Making a list of the offending hanger-on tagnames (found in the
MIF) and re-adding them to the doc.  Opening the doc and doing a
global update to reset all uses of the offending tagnames to something
that exists (but which is not used -- see above for caution on
characteristics of the new tagname.

--
Jay Smith

e-mail: jay@jaysmith.com

The Press for History(tm), The Press for Education(tm),
The Press for [Your Industry](tm), The Press for....(tm)
  On-demand printing and binding of hardbound books.
  Minimum run one copy.

P.O. Box 650
Snow Camp, NC  27349  USA

Phone: Int+US+336-376-9991