Re: framers-digest V1 #61

Mark Barratt wrote:

> I have a series of SGML jobs used to produce (among other things)
> full-colour printed brochures with colour photos.
>
> The pics are held as CMYK TIFFs, imported by reference, each pic is between
> 4Mb and 8Mb in size. This makes for cruelly slow screen updates (several
> orders of magnitude slower than opening the same pics in a Quark Xpress
> file, for instance).This in turn makes the 'cycle time' for checking
> WYSIWYG pages or doing small corrections very silly.
>
> Any ideas, other than improving hardware, network and server performance?

Unless you're also correcting the images, I'd go to View > Options, untick the
Graphics option and click set. This will preclude the images from appearing in the
file or in print, but will drastically improve screen redraw during the editorial
cycle.

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au