?: FM availability on Unix & SGML/XML-->MIF

Greetings,

We are trying to make some bet-the-company decisions about formatting
engines for complex documents with content coming from an Oracle
database.

We cannot afford any of the costly 4- and 5-figure database-->Frame
solution packages that one sees offered.

This leads to the following questions:

1) Is anybody using FM on Linux?

2) Is anybody using FM on Unixware 7 (that is SCO's NEW combination
product -- and is different from/combination of SCO Unix and SCO
Unixware 2.1.2)?

3) Has anybody heard of any Adobe plans or hints of plans to make FM
available on Linux or Unixware 7?

4) Has anybody seen Adobe FM people in the halls of SCO?

=====

5) What are people using as an SGML --> MIF or an XML --> MIF
converter?  I know about the "SGML Tools" conversion package supported
by the Linux folks, but I have no idea if the "--> MIF" functionality
is adequate for highly structure documents.

(FM/SGML on Unix obviously should handle this for SGML, however,
questions 1-4 point out that you have to have the right kind of Unix.
At the same time, it is either not possible or very messy to run it as
FM/SGML on a Win95 PC because the database operations are taking place
on the Unix and we want to use FM as a output formatter which requires
Win95 to watch a network folder, when a file appears in the folder to
open it, format it, print it, close it, etc. -- not trivial on Win95.)

Any suggestions?

--
Jay Smith

e-mail: jay@jaysmith.com

The Press for History(tm), The Press for Education(tm),
The Press for [Your Industry](tm), The Press for....(tm)
  On-demand printing and binding of hardbound books.
  Minimum run one copy.

P.O. Box 650
Snow Camp, NC  27349  USA

Phone: Int+US+336-376-9991