Re: Changing column layout mid-document

Dan Emory wrote:

>How about just using paragraph styles that straddle the columns on the
> first page?

Thanks, Dan. If I only wanted to adjust the first page, this would be a
really neat solution, but I want another ten pages to have single-column
layout. It seems quite labour intensive to create a set of column-straddling
paratags and then to have to apply them to ten pages of the document.

Mark Dykstra wrote:

>1. Create a new master page called DoubleColumn or something like >that.

>2. Ctrl+Click the text frame in the new master page.

>3. Choose Format > Customize Layout > Customize Text Frame and set >the
column # to 2.

>4. Return to the Body Pages and apply the new master page to the >pages you
want to have double columns.

Thanks, Mark. This is also a neat suggestion, but I can't see any way to
apply a different master page to more than one page at a time. (Also, I
would need a two new master pages, a left and a right.)

There may be no very quick way, but thank you both for your suggestions. At
least now I have a couple of ways that don't involve overrides.

Lynda
Lynda Simons
Technical Communications Consultant
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada