Re: Safe Graphics file format for UNIX/NT in PDF and print?

The BMP format is not, however, supported in FrameMaker on UNIX.
Personally, I use .gif files, which are supported on all platforms
and can be used in HTML as well.

--Jeanette

Grant wrote:

> I've never had a problem with BMP files.
> I save them in 256 color (8-bit), and use them in PDFs, Hardcopy, and
> WinHelp files.
>
> Grant
>
> At 02:09 PM 10/22/98 -0700, Ezra Steinberg wrote:
> >Given the discussions I've seen about graphics in print and PDFs
> >(both color and greyscale), is there a single "safe" file format in
> which
> >to save screen shots (perhaps with callouts) that I can import by
> reference in
> >my FrameMaker source files and then both print via DocuTech and
> distill into PDF
> >for display on various UNIX platforms and on Windows (both 95, 98,
> and NT)?
> >
> >Ezra

Jeanette Feldhousen, Mentor Graphics Corporation

Haiku error message:  Windows NT crashed./I am the Blue Screen of
Death./No one hears your screams.  (Peter Rothman)