Re: losing colour in Acrobat

Dov,

Thank you for your input.  I spent hour and hours with several
of Adobe's technical support people (who were most often
extraordinarily helpful, despite hearsay evidence to the
contrary) on this issue, and for whatever reason, found
the Apple II NTX driver to yield the highest success rate
for printing and PDF problems that we were encountering.

Admittedly, though, I did not attempt to produce PDF
in CMYK, since most of our documentation was designed
to be used online; hence, we used RGB color space,
and this produced satisfactory color when printed from
both laser and inkjet printers.   Still, on the Win95
platform, the TIFF (tagged information file format)
images produced monochrome when distilled to PDF,
while the MS-native .bmp images rendered color.

For larger color images, indexed/adaptive color was
used (from Photoshop) to reduce the color palette to
256 (8-bit per channel), thereby reducing the file size
to render more quickly onscreen.  This was a compromise,
but in most cases it worked very well.

Best,

-- Tom