Re: Paragraph usage....

= From krezel@sweng.stortek.com Wed Oct 14 12:03:11 1998
= Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 11:44:48 -0400
= From: krezel@sweng.stortek.com (Lili Krezel)
= To: framers@omsys.com
= Subject: Re: Paragraph usage....
=
= I've frequently seen MIF files offered as a way to solve various
= formatting problems in Frame, some of which I've experienced. But
= is there such a thing as a MIF training course? Do you need to be
= a software developer to make sense of them? Of course I've used MIFs
= as a transfer file, and I've saved as MIF to iron out apparently
= corrupted files.
=
= So I tried Grant's-and-Peter's method on a chapter file where I too
= wish to sort out the para tag usage. What I get is a 400-page (!!)
= 9.6 MB MIF file that takes 5 minutes to open. Admittedly, we use a
= lot of tags, about 200+. Is this size MIF reasonable? It's not very
= manageable! I recently convinced the corporate hardware keepers to
= increase the RAM on my Sun, which is why I can now open the MIF at all.
= The attempt used to just crash Frame.
=
= I found the tag definition section, but I can't see how plowing through
= several hundred pages of that is any faster than clicking through
= the chapter files manually and marking off the tags on a checklist.
= What am I missing? Can anyone elaborate? Is this a technique better
= suited to repetitive use than a one-off?
=
= Lili Krezel
=