Re: Bugs and Responsibilities

That all sounds very reasonable to me.  Hence I don't understand the tone
of the reply you got.  Somehow I just have to get it through my thick head
that in the late 1990s there is no relationship between customer
satisfaction and corporate profit.

On the other hand I've got some sympathy for tech support
people/departments.  If all of the people calling were as knowledgable
about Frame as Dan, they would have few false alarms.  But they get calls
about the most trifiling things.  I've got a friend who I help out with
computer things all the time because she's just too busy, distracted, lazy
(pick an adjective) to use the manuals (but she's not stupid).  She learned
Word Perfect by trial and error and calling the Help line a few times a day
(it was free in those days).  That's the kind of behaviour that shuts those
services down.  If I was a tech support person it would drive me nuts.

But that said, it seems that there needs to be a way to send and receive
bug reports through e-mail or a web site.  That helps everyone.

- web