Confusion between list names

Put yourself in the shoes/email program of someone who just head of
Framers. Which Framers list do they subscribe to? Many average users will
just subscribe to the first list they hear of or come across. Many will not
take the time or wish to subscribe to both, even in digest form.

Could we rename this "Free Framers" list something more appropriate?
Especially if power users predominate and topics range far and wide. And
add that to the initial info. a subscriber receives via return email?

The analogy I'm drawing here is that a PDF prepress list came into
existence as a spin off of a plain PDF list. Since subscribers to this list
wish free-flowing and open debate, why not help potential subscribers out?

I'm concerned about the "New Framers" and "Brad Framers" terminology. New
users just want help, or need some pointers. They don't have time to deal
with the reasons these two lists now exist.

>From Dan's post on DB Publishing:

> One of the shortcomings of the Brad Framers list is that there are very
few
active participants from the big license holders. We need their viewpoint,
and it might be worthwhile to recruit them to join and actively participate
on New Framers.

I'm one of the few then. There are actually a much larger number of people
who "lurk," primarily because they do not have the time to participate
often. There will go weeks when workloads are high (that CAN include the
personal life) when I will not keep up with the lists. (And I follow all my
lists in digest form. I'm giving this one a little time to sort itself out
before I reduce the flow down to just the digest.) Such is the lifestyles
we lead and the times we find ourselves in.

It's take more than recruitment to participate. It takes time. As those of
us at the "large license holders" can participate, we will.

Paul K. Schulte
Medtronic, Inc.
Configuration Assurance