Re: Encore: draft of posting protocol

And on Fri, 2 Oct 1998 10:44:01 -0500, rebecca@white.sc.ti.com (Rebecca Carr)
wrote:

>Re. Lynda's proposal:
>
>The chapter in my area does not post job openings. You must be a member
>and have a password to request them. I have had many good job leads from
>lists such as this and have posted jobs open at my company. I would not
>like the postings to be restriced at all.
>
>Becky

But it didn't appear on the list because Lynda had listed me personally
as the first recipient, before the list address.  So that's where "Reply"
sent it, just to me.  As I do read all posts, I'd appreciate it if folks
did *not* include me separately.  I know we've all gotten used to doing that
on the previous incarnation of framers, because the pause between posting
and appearance was so long (5 hours last night, 1 hour today...).  But the
new server is fast, and you should see list posts within five minutes of
posting them.  So the cc's are no longer necessary...  Thanks!

As to the issue <g>, I'd suggest we do both; link to the STC sites that
*are* publically available (and list those that aren't, for the benefit
of STC members who don't know about them), and also allow postings to list.
It hasn't been much of a problem here...

  (jeremy@omsys.com)  http://www.omsys.com/