RE: List Protocols - first cut

Gosh, those draft list protocols were not intended to give the message that
we would be rules happy, but only to find a bit of balance in some
categories that had raised a noise on the old list.  Some wanted to allow
any and all job ads, some wanted none; this was only to find the middle
ground.  I was unaware that it could be taken the other way.  And they're
only suggestions.  We all contribute to any final protocol.  (and if the
protocol isn't followed, I doubt that Jeremy would suspend anyone ;-)

Notice that nothing was said about griping, desired feature enhancements,
etc.  All of that should be free flowing for sure.  What those protocols
address is the stuff that can, if not approached properly, descend into
advertising, and heaven knows there's too much of that bombarding us every
day.  In the field of ideas and gripes you should speak your mind.  That's
what the list was set up for.

- web