Table ruling troubles

Hi folks.

We covered this last week on Framers, and I read the posts and followed
them, and I still cannot get this to work without manual overrides.

First: FM 5.5.3 on Win 95.

Here's the thing:  I have changed my Table Format A to have no inside column
lines (set to None from Table Designer).
But even when I re-apply the table format to an existing table (these have
been once-upon-a-time imported from Word if that matters), the column lines
stay put.

If I create  a new table using the format, works great.  But with an
existing table, I must go in and manually alter the ruling using the Custom
Ruling & Shading dialog.

Any thoughts??

Dina

Dina Davidson