Re: The State of the Framers List

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 19:10:20 -0700 (MST), Dan Emory <danemory@primenet.com>
wrote:

>Don't change a word. Drop it on him!
>And you're right, it's not New Framers, it's Old Framers.

Actually, the "old_framers@omsys.com" address is my alias list for
the 67 people to whom I sent that long post.  Since they did not
sign up for it, I'd rather not post to them as a group again, as
you just did with this note...  <g>

I also sent it to "framers@omsys.com", which now has 7 members, one
of whom zubscribed in the last hour after receiving my post...
Everybody, when you use "that word", the "sub" word, please spell
it with a "z"; otherwise majordomo will send me the post to approve.
The idea is to keep all accidental subs and unsubs off the full list.

>I heard from someone that Brad had reserved all the list names that have
>Framers or FrameMaker in them. He'll probably to try and stop you from using
>it. If he does, it shows him for the turn he is.

That's pretty funny, really.  How on Earth do you reserve a list name?
There's no naming authority like InterNIC for them; you can use any
name you please.  Maybe he tried to reserve domain names, a major waste
of money when the new TLD (Top Level Domain) rules go through... the
namespace will become way too big.  How amusing.  How sad.

  (jeremy@omsys.com)  http://www.omsys.com/