ANN: Run FrameMaker, plugins from command line

Omni Systems has released a free utility, runfm.exe, that
allows you to start FrameMaker, open a book and/or file,
run a plugin, and close FrameMaker again, all from the
Windows command line.  While it was created to automate
Mif2Go projects (for build processes or Scheduled Tasks),
runfm.exe works with any plugin that accepts a command via
the ClientCall notification.  We plan to add features, but
will always maintain backward compatibility, as we do for
Mif2Go.  And we will always make runfm.exe available free.

We invite other plugin creators to use this program.  Just
tell users the ClientName of your plugin, and specify what
you want in the string passed to the ClientCall handler.
(We can even include that information in the Mif2Go User's
Guide, if you wish.)

To obtain runfm.exe, download the Mif2Go demo version
(demo33u44.zip) from:
http://www.omsys.com/dcl/download.htm

The demo includes runfm.exe, and also UserGd.hlp, the
WinHelp version of the Mif2Go User's Guide; chapter 29
tells how to use runfm.exe:
http://www.omsys.com/dcl/usergd/runfm.htm

There is no restriction on use, and you do not have to
license (or even try) Mif2Go.

If you already use Mif2Go, you'll find runfm.exe in the
current upgrade (m2g33u44.zip) file; no need to download
anything else.

Enjoy this gift of the season!

  <jeremy@xxxxxxxxx>  http://www.omsys.com/