List of change markers (was: RE: markers that include the section *number* in the marker text?)

We are going with a List of Markers, rather than an Index of Markers, as
we need each change called out separately and there are several that
have identical marker text.

On the LOM reference page, I have the following:

Chapter <$chapnum>: Section <$paranumonly[+,h1 heading one - body,h2
heading two,h3 heading three]>:	<$markertext>

This usually works fine, except in some instances. A few examples of
where this doesn't quite work:

Chapter 4: Section Note::	Updated password synchronization info.
Chapter 11: Section n:	Updated info about special characters in DDP
names.
Chapter 15: Section Example::	Added clarification note.

In these cases, the Change markers are after a Note or Example
paragraph, or embedded in a paragraph with multiple hard returns.

Any suggestions on how to fix these, aside from moving all of the
"problem" markers?

Many thanks for the help!