FW: OT: RE: Graphics Tool functionality

I think Bridge is great, but it is also a RAM Hog.

L Elks

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-framers@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-framers@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter Gold
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 8:56 AM
To: rinnie1@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: Grant Hogarth; framers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; framers@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OT: RE: Graphics Tool functionality

At 8:35 AM -0500 11/30/05, Rene S. wrote:
>Maybe I missed something with Irfanview. I found
>a way to print a sheet of thumbnails (which
>ACDSee also does), but I couldn't find a way to
>just browse through all the images in a given
>folder with a full-size or auto-fit display of
>the graphic in a pane of Irfanview. ACDSee (at
>least versions 5 and later) does this in a way
>that allows you to have displayed in one pane
>all the file properties for all the images in a
>folder, and then as you select a file in that
>list, it displays the graphic in a pane of the
>same window. You aren't limited to
>viewing/printing thumbnails. I've been looking
>for any other program that has the browse
>capabilities, but I haven't found one yet...
>unless I'm missing something...?  Not trashing
>Irfan, just trying to understand the features.
>Please do enlighten me.

Hi, Rene:

Adobe Bridge, included free with any of the CS2
products (Illustrator, InDesign, GoLive,
Photoshop) is a multi-featured multi-view tool.
Depending on which CS2 products are installed,
there are menu items that perform batch
operations in those tools, such as a contact
sheet in InDesign. It's strong on metadata
operations, such as applying common metadata to
batches of files, using a metadata template to
apply to batches, and more. It also displays
camera RAW files from most digital camera
manufacturers.

Regards,

Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices