OT: Documentation for DITA

Hello Framers,

I am looking for some documentation on DITA, particularly the rationale for
the elements and attributes and suggested ways that they should be used. I
have some unstructured documents that I would like to structure according to
the DITA DTD, but I want to make the best use of the structure. Any
recommendations and pointers would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267
rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx