From: Mark Barratt <markb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sep 23, 2005 12:36 PM
To: JOE HODGE <JHODGE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Stevens, Ananda (GE Healthcare)" <Karen.Stevens@xxxxxx>, framers@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Any way to insert a checkbox that will automatically be active in the PDF?

JOE HODGE wrote:
> We are working on being able to generate electronic forms while keeping
> the original file in FrameMaker. The solution I have proposed should
> work for you also. Here is a copy of a proposal I sent up the chain here
> at work. The company names have been removed to protect the innocent.
> Hehe

Just to endorse Joe's solution from an experienced user: we have used
the MicroType solution for some years for a couple of clients and it
works well for generating relatively limited forms in PDF (it probably
works well for big forms, but if you had hundreds of pages of PDF form
to make you'd want to choose or build a different solution).

Also MicroType's customer support rivals Omsys' for fantastic brilliance!

best

--
Mark Barratt
Text Matters

Information design: we help explain things using
language | design | systems | process improvement