Bookmark problem-Frame 7.1/Acrobat 7.03

Good evening, Free Framers-I am having a strange
bookmark problem. After I create my PDF file through
printing to .ps and distilling the file, I open it in
Acrobat and none of my Bookmarks are showing on the
left side, even after I've clicked on the Bookmarks
tab. I've done the following on the FrameMaker side:

1. Checked off Generate Acrobat Data.
2. Opened PDF Setup and clicked on the Bookmarks tab.
3. Checked off Generate PDF Bookmarks.
4. Saved my settings.
5. Printed to .ps.
6. Distilled the file with my usual job options
settings.

What could be causing this glitch? I've searched
numerous forums and bug reports but have not found
this exact problem. I have noticed that each
individual file in the book has its own bookmark
settings (specifying inclusion of different paragraphs
than the ones used at the book level). I don't know if
this could be interfering.

Any help or links to an answer would be greatly
appreciated.

Kind regards,

Elizabeth Klisiewicz