Re: Changes at FrameUsers mailing list

On Sat, 28 May 2005 19:50:39 +0200, "Thomas Michanek"
<framers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>As you may know, I left the FrameUsers mailing list years ago.
>I no longer follow that mailing list in any shape or form.
>
>I have heard rumours that Brad Anderson will leave the position
>as list administrator. I wish to know what has been said about
>this and what will change in the list admin, if anything.

Brad has already gone; he's working for Finite Matters, the
publishers of FrameScript, full time now.  The new list admin
is Lisa M. Bronson <lisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, who recently said:
>>>Nothing has changed yet, but yes, some things will change on Framers.
>>>However, I have ideas to make it so that you'll notice far more
>>>positives than negatives. There are no plans to make FrameUsers.com a
>>>Mini-Me of TECHWR-L. :)

She seems a friendly sort.  ;-)

>I may consider joining FrameUsers again, but I need to be assured
>that the list policies have changed. I left the list because of
>how Brad handled the list and some list members, including the
>claim of "ownership" and making sudden changes without notice.

Well, they probably still claim "ownership", but some of the
people Brad mistreated, notably Dan Emory, are back on it and
have been for a while.  You might want to quietly sub and see
what you think.  Brad mellowed out a bit in the last year or
two...  I still think there's a role for both lists, and post
on both myself (though I rarely cross-post).  When Lisa first
came on board (she was formerly the Techwhirlers' admin),
someone asked if the restrictions on posts on TECHWR-L were
going to be applied to Framers.  She didn't respond right
away (because she was at the STC conference), and I posted
that *this* list would never charge for posting job offers...
Quite a few people subscribed in the following few days.  <g>

And then there's the Free Framers Web site:
  http://www.freeframers.org/
where we have a *working* archive with Boolean search, and
a Wiki to which quite a few people have contributed.  We
may add a couple of other lists to that archive soon.  ;-)
The HATT list, on Help Authoring Tools, which is on Yahoo,
is enthused about that idea because of the ads Yahoo makes
you look at for every single hit in the archive.  Of course,
we have *no* ads, and never will...

-- Jeremy H. Griffith, Free Framers list admin
   <framers-owner@xxxxxxxxx>

** To subscribe to Free Framers, email the message **
** body "subscribe framers" to majordomo@xxxxxxxxx **