RE: Changing font in dialog box

Clare Stewart wrote:

> I am working in FrameMaker 5.5.6 for Unix. Can anyone tell me
> if it is possible to change fonts __within__ a dialog box,
> e.g., when setting up autonumbering in Paragraph Manager? I
> tried creating a new Character Tag, but that applies to the
> entire text in the dialog box, not just to a highlighted
> segment. I want to be able to embed a dingbat in the middle
> of standard font.

If I understand you correctly, you want to apply a char tag to only a
portion of an autonumber string. You can't do that. You might be able to
kludge up a workaround; I can think of two possibilities:

-- This should work, but I don't have time to try it now: Use three
separate pgf formats. The first has an autonumber consisting only of
what comes before the dingbat, and it's a run-in head. The second's
autonumber is just the dingbat, and it's also a run-in head. The third's
autonumber is what comes after the dingbat, and it's a normal pgf. The
first two will never have any content (besides the autonumber).

-- More work upfront, but simpler to implement in your docs: Using a
tool like Fontographer, create a new font that's a copy of the font you
want for the non-dingbat portion. Replace a glyph you don't need with
the glyph you need from the Dingbats font. Then create a char tag to
apply your new font.

HTH!
Richard

------