RE: Why Upgrade to & Some Information About Acrobat 7!

David,

Boker Tov!

I think the question is the other way around - is
FrameMaker 6 compatible with Acrobat 7? The answer is
that we know of no incompatibilities of versions of
FrameMaker earlier than 7.0 (including FrameMaker 6
and 5.5.6) with Acrobat 7 subject to the following
caveats:

(1) "Save as PDF" never really worked correctly prior
to FrameMaker 7.0. As such, creation of PDF with Acrobat 7
from FrameMaker 6 and earlier should be via printing directly
to the "Adobe PDF" PostScript printer driver instance OR
by printing to file using that same printer driver instance
with distillation manually or via watched folders.

(2) When placing PDF into FrameMaker 6 documents, you are
limited to PDF 1.3.

In terms of your other question, I think you quite well
understand that Adobe does not comment on speculation about
the possibility and/or status of new products or new versions
of products. Sorry!

        - Dov