Re: Keeping at least 3 bullet items contiguous

If you could trick up a table that could hold one bullet per row without
looking any different than the surounding text, then you could tell the
table not to split with fewer than 3 rows.  Although THEN you'd have to
fight Frame's inability to split table rows across pages, so it all depends
on your content whether it's worth it or not.
Mary

                    Fred Ma
                    <fma@xxxxxxxx        To:     framers@xxxxxxxxx
                    eton.ca>             cc:     (bcc: Mary Hall Sheahan/Firelite/Pittway)
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Keeping at least 3 bullet items contiguous
                    owner-framers
                    @omsys.com

                    11/18/2004
                    01:36 PM

Sean wrote:
> If you don't want fewer than three items appearing contiguously, you need
two styles:

> Bullet1_first_second set to keep with next
> Bullet1_thirdplus not set to keep with anything
>
> Apply the first tag to the first two bullets in the list, use the second
tag for the rest.

> Then, consider what happens to the last bulleted item. Maybe you want:
>
> Bullet1_last set to keep with previous?

That would work if the next page had lots of space.  However, I have lots
of big
figures, and many pages have very few lines.  It is possible for the list
get split near the middle or the end.  I can do a similar trick to the
above
for the end, but if I start doing that for the middle, it gets messy.  Even
the
above gets messy if I do alot of editing.  But micro-customizing the items
in
the list seems to be the only option.  Thanks for thinking up a possible
approach.

Fred