Re: Using Adobe Illustrator graphics in Adobe FrameMaker

FrameMaker does not support the transparency, but the transparency
should be respected in the PDF that you print.

If you include a raster preview with your EPS, FrameMaker will display
the preview. If you do not include one, FrameMaker will display a grey
box. In both cases, FrameMaker will print the EPS correctly to a
PostScript printer.

You don't need to worry what the graphic looks like in FrameMaker on
your screen. You only need worry what the graphic looks like as
delivered to the customer.

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:11:04 -0500, TechComm Dood
<techcommdood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A preview is a preview. What does your output look like?
<snip>
> <sverre.ola.medalen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I need graphics from Illustrator (vers. 10) imported with transparent background into FrameMaker (6.0) on a Windows 2000 Professional platform. I have tried Save As- and Export-formats but have not found a graphics format that satisfies my need. The eps-format contains a selection for Transparent preview, but oddly enough this does not work.
> >
> > Does any of you have a solution to echieve this? Imported Illustrator-files as eps in FrameMaker seems to result in bitmap-previews, and not a vector preview. Why is this?
<snip>
======
T.

Remember, this is online. Take everything with a mine of salt and a grin.