Re: Filling variable with an element attribute

At 01:05 AM 10/29/2004, Jean Yves BISIAUX wrote:
I need to fill in a FM variable with the content of an element attribute
value,
the attribute value can change in the same document.

I am trying to use a H/F variable definition, but it doesn't permit to
access
to the attribute of an element.

Jean Yves,
To include an attribute value in a running H/F variable, use the syntax:
<$attribute[attrname]>
This syntax displays the value of an attribute of the specified name (attrname) regardless of the element type on which it appears. You can restrict the display to an element of a particular type with the variation:
<$attribute[attrname:eltname]>
And if you want the last attribute value on the page instead of the first, use
<$attribute[attrname:+,eltname]>

--Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development, and training
lprice@xxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505 cell phone: (510) 421-2284