Mail-merge in FM

Hi folks,

Many moons ago, we used to do a type of mail-merge with FM to do personalized
letters in bulk. I had a programmer working for me that set it up, so I don't
know the process or how it was done. We were on about v.3.x on Unix, at the
time. Does FM still do this, or do you need a FrameScript to do it? I've seen
some products for PDF files that merge names/addresses onto letters and other
documents. I think one of them was made by Appligent. Does anyone have any
personal experience with such a task?

Thanks,
Becky