Re: Tabs in para tags in table cells?

Hi Allen--
I know there's a way to type it, but I keep forgetting.
My cheat is to use the find/replace dialog box with a \t.
If there's only one, I'll type a tab outside the table somewhere, copy it,
and paste it in that way.
HTH,
Mary

                    Allen Schaaf
                    <soundbyte@sound-by-d        To:     <framers@xxxxxxxxx>
                    esign.com>                   cc:     (bcc: Mary Hall Sheahan/Firelite/Pittway)
                    Sent by:                     Subject:     Tabs in para tags in table cells?
                    owner-framers@xxxxxxx
                    om

                    09/29/2004 01:37 AM

Hi,

I did this long, complex table in 6.5 pt. type then they decided that they
really wanted two element in one series of cells.

I thought (yeah, yeah... :) that I would just add a tab to the tag and then

align them that way. Buzz. Wrong!

Every time I try to tab it takes me to the next cell. I can't find anything

in the TFD-N! that covers this nor can I find it mentioned anywhere in any
of the archives I've checked.

Clues?

Or am I just going to have to bite the bullet and add columns, span them
where I don't need tabbed entries and leave them alone where I need
placement of the second element? Turning off the vertical line dividing
each non-spanned cell of course.

Ugh! Two hundred and fifty or so rows and about 400 cells. Plus I'll
probably have to go to 6 point type. Ugly on a 600dpi printer.

Best to you and yours,

Allen Schaaf
Information Engineering

"There's more to life than increasing its speed."
   -- Mahatma Gandhi