(JOBS)

Thanks to Jeremy at Omsys for making space on his server for a wiki.

Lately I've been getting calls from recruiters and others to see if I'm available and I've circulated them among the people I know, but I suspect the pool is bigger than I know.

so as to not burden this international list with jobs I hear about that are mostly Northern California, I'm posting them at http://www.freeframers.org/wiki/. I posted the first today.

Over a period of time we'll work out the best way to make this a resource for everyone, both for the immediate and the future. It's nice to know who has hired in the past if you need to do a bit of cold calling.

Couple of other points. My listing does not have all these. :)

Include:
        Date
        Location
        Contact Person
        Any details you may have

For feedback, include:
        Date
        Nature of feedback - "I interviewed and it seemed
        that they were looking for...," etc.
        Any pay/rate info you can gather
        Prior experience with the recruiter, employer,
        corporate culture, commute problems, etc.

Just a note about the last item. Avoid negativity. Give only feedback which is positive or neutral. We really don't need to read about how awful someone or come company is.

If you stick to my rule of thumb that the only comments are about C+ or better, then it will become quite clear who you want to work with/for without delving into potential libelous or slanderous statements.

Remember, you can not not communicate. A lack of commentary speaks loudly enough that we need not waste our words. Save them for the worthies.

Best to you and yours,

Allen Schaaf Information Engineering http://www.doctordoc.info/

"There's more to life than increasing its speed."
  -- Mahatma Gandhi