Frame Crash on Load--SOLVED

Well.  Some time back, I reported a crash by Frame during
its startup, for both 6.0 [SGML] and 7.1.  I was using XP
Home at the time, and blamed it for making Frame totally
unusable.  After I switched to Win2K Pro, all was fine.

However, several others reported use of Frame under XP
without incident.  And Dov claimed that there was no way
XP could be the culprit.  This did leave a lingering
doubt in my mind...

Imagine my horror when the same thing happened again,
with exactly the same error numbers, today on Win2K
with FM 7.

This time, I remembered changing the default printer to
Generic/Text Only... which was also my default under XP.
Changed it to something else, no more crash.  None of the
other printers I have installed (Distiller 4, Adobe PDF,
Fax, or the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer) cause
this.  I sent the log and a note to fmerror@xxxxxxxxxxxx

So if you get a crash while loading Frame, try changing
your default printer.  Yikes.

  <jeremy@xxxxxxxxx>  http://www.omsys.com/