From: owner-framers@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-framers@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Stuart Rogers
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 8:19 AM
To: Allen Schaaf
Cc: framers@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Oh dear, ...Page Count

Allen Schaaf wrote:

> The other thing is there is a variable among the built-ins that uses
> (page#) of (total#pages) - not exactly the right syntax but you get the
> idea - but you can not, or at least I have not been able to break off
> the second part from the first and use it in a created variable. And it
> is not part of the building blocks for user created variables.
Frustrating.

Allen,

Look up the on-line help article, "Including the total page count of a
book in a header or footer" and modify the instructions to suit your
purpose (i.e., in the last steps, put the x-ref on your body page rather
than in headers/footers). Alternatively, simply cross-reference to any
paragraph on the last page of your book, including only the page number
in the x-ref format.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

mailto:srogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Developers explain How the Product Works.
Technical Writers explain How to Work the Product.
  _
( )  ASCII ribbon campaign
  X   against HTML email
/ \  & vCards