Frame crashes on load

Hi all!  I'm completely stymied by this one.  I've acquired
a new laptop, which came with XP Home, and put FM+SGML 6.0
and FM 7.1 on it.  When I first checked them, they ran fine.
Then I did a *lot* of configuration tuning, installed other
apps (including two versions of Word and Visual Studio), and
added a Logitech cordless optical "Click" mouse and an old
Compaq full-size keyboard.

The next time I went to run FM 7.1, it crashed with a "serious
error" early in startup, as soon as "Localization" appeared
on the splash screen.  So did 6.0:
  6.0:  6004, 6016882, 7541026, 0
  7.1:  7104, 6062578, 7693123, 0

So I tried reinstalling them <g>, then tried various ways
of starting (click shortcut, click file, use Start menu,
drop file on shortcut).  No difference.  I got the old
Logitech driver from Lester's site (Thank you very much!),
installed all the Adobe patches for 6.0, let MS spend a
few hours adding 53 "critical" patches, and checked the
archives of comp.text.frame on Google and Framers on my
own system.  No joy.  *All* other apps run fine...

I have a nice new copy of Win2K Pro, ready to install...
but HP in its infinite wisdom doesn't furnish disks with
drivers, they automate the whole thing for you and give
you a set of six CDs that restores your system to its
original shipped condition, including XP Home.  Arrrgh.

Anybody have a clue?

TIA!

  <jeremy@xxxxxxxxx>  http://www.omsys.com/