From: owner-framers@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-framers@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Thomas Michanek
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 6:03 AM
To: Jennifer Hasher
Cc: Free Framers
Subject: Re: dashed lines in tables

[ The original message appeared on the FrameUsers mailing list.
  This reply is sent only to the "Free Framers" mailing list.
  If this reply is useful, consider copying it to FrameUsers. ]

From: "Jennifer Hasher" <jenniferh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> A client has asked for a design that includes dashed rules (vertical
and
> horizontal) in tables. The rules appear below each row and between
each
> column. Is there any way to have the table designer use dashed rules
> instead of single or double line rules?

No. Table rulers cannot be dashed, unless you somehow manage to select
a color and pen pattern that'll give the effect of a "dotted" line.
(Unless you can customize the "pen pattern", but I don't think that's
possible. There's a "[DashPatterns]" section in the maker.ini file,
but I think it only affects patterns for graphical lines.)

Dashed horizontal lines could be achieved by using no table rulers,
and then using a Frame Below for each body row paragraph. This would
be tricky to set up, and it wouldn't work for vertical lines.

If the tables won't change much, your absolute last resort would be
to use a table with no rulers, and then draw dashed lines that you
place directly on the page (not in an anchored frame). However, as
soon as your table moves or the table content expands, you would
have to move the lines... Not pretty.