Re: Portability of FDK clients across versions of FM

> I've almost completed work on my FDK client using MSVC
> 6, FM 5.5 and the 5.5 FDK (Windows OS). Out of
> curiosity, I tried using the DLL with FM 5.11. At
> start-up, FM cannot "initialize" the FDK client. Which
> means the client won't work.

I don't have any experiences with FDK compatibility, but you
should be aware that you're using very old versions of FM.
FM 5.1.1 was released by Adobe in early 1996 and was a
simple update to FM 5.0/5.1 released by Frame Technology in
1995. (Adobe acquired FM in late 1995 from FT)

Hopefully you're using FM 5.5.6 on Windows, as any previous
release of FM 5.5.x was a hornet's nest (talking bugs here).
And you need 5.5.6 for Windows 2000/XP. You cannot expect
5.1.1 to run on a modern Windows, and perhaps the FDK suffers.

Thomas Michanek, FrameMaker/UNIX/MIF expert
Technical Communicator, Uppsala, Sweden
mailto:Thomas.Michanek@xxxxxxxxx
http://go.to/framers/