Re: Adobe FrameMaker End-of-Life for Macintosh Platform

Hi all,

There's not only a solaris version of FrameMaker 7.0 but also a AIX and a
HP UX Version. FrameMaker 7.1 is only available on Windows and Solaris. My
Question concerning the future of FrameMaker on different Unix platforms
was not answered (yet?). So I think the conclusion that FrameMaker will be
available only on Windows and maybe on Solaris but on no other Unix or
whatever platforms in the future is right. About the future of the Mac
Version of FrameMaker, there was a discussion but about Unix platforms it
seems not to be worth to discuss this :-(

Regards,
Matthias Dillier

bounce-framers-62366@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 30.03.2004 04:23:46:

> Hi Dov,
>
> I know that you cannot tell us how many Frame users there are on
> each platform, but can you give us some kind of idea on the ratio of
> customers across the three platforms?  For example,  Frame on
> Windows has five times the number of customers on Mac, and twice the
> number of customers on Solaris.  I think that might help us better
> understand Adobe's reasoning for EOL-ing Frame on Mac without giving
> away any actual numbers.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Diane Gaskill

This message is for information purposes only. It may not be secure or
error-free. The Swiss National Bank does not accept legal responsibility for
any consequences resulting from e-mail use.