Re: Stray paragraph tag

[ The original message appeared on the FrameUsers mailing list.
  This reply is sent only to the "Free Framers" mailing list.
  If this reply is useful, consider copying it to FrameUsers. ]

From: "Julie Leake" <jleake@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> I am creating a book using Frame 7.0 on Windows XP.
> The first line in each chapter is tagged with a Heading 1 paragraph
> tag with the Next Pgf Tag set to Body.  I enter the heading, some text,
> and then import a text inset.
> In the text inset:  The last page is a graphic in an anchored frame. The
> last line of text before the graphic is set to a paragraph tag that
> doesn’t have a Next Pgf Tag and there isn’t a tag after the anchored
> frame.
> The problem is that I have a stray Heading 1 tag that appears after the
> text inset in the container document.  I can’t delete or change the tag in
> the container document, and it doesn't appear in the text inset.

This is an "unwanted feature" in FM, also known as a bug :-)
FM picks up the format of the first paragraph in the text inset
and uses that for the anchoring paragraph in the container document.

To avoid this, do as follows:
Always use an empty paragraph to anchor your text insets to.
Insert a hard space (Ctrl+Space) in that empty paragraph.
Put the cursor at the start of the paragraph, before the hard space.
Now import your text inset.

Check what happens when you manually update the inset after that.

This should solve the problem for you.