Re: Semi-bogus "Inconsistent Numbering Properties" message Frame 7.0

Ed:

Are you setting the numbering properties in the book window (had to ask)?

Are you sure that the numbering properties in the error message are page or chapter numbers? Perhaps your paragraph numbering, or footnote numbering are where the differences lie.

Just my deflated two "sense" worth.

There's a strange "Inconsistent Numbering Properties" we are getting in
FrameMaker 7.0.  It seems clear enough *why* we are getting it; but it seems
that FrameMaker may be overzealous in issuing the message in the first
place.

The problem is that in the Numbering Properties dialog (Format > Document >
Numbering), under the Page tab, you have a radio button which lets you
select First Page #:, Continue Numbering From Previous Page in Book, and
Read From File.

Regards,

Peter Gold
Adobe Certified Expert: FrameMaker, Acrobat, InDesign