Re: framers digest: February 19, 2004

[ The original message appeared on the FrameUsers mailing list.
  This reply is sent only to the "Free Framers" mailing list.
  If this reply is useful, consider copying it to FrameUsers. ]

From: "Luke Lund" <llund@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Ignore missing graphics crashes FM6 (and hopefully FM 5.5.6
> Brad: We are using 5.5.6 and encountered this same problem as soon as we
> upgraded to XP machines.  Do you know which patch is supposed to fix this,
> and if it works for v. 5.5.6?

This is a bug addressed in an Adobe patch for FM 6.0.
FM 5.5.6 is since long unsupported by Adobe.
You may very well experience more problems when
using that version on Windows XP.

BUT, there is supposedly a solution for this:
Go to http://www.systec-gmbh.com/tdsolution/en/loesung/index.html
Click Adobe in the link list to the left and scroll down:

Workaround for Adobe FrameMaker 5.5.6 - Windows XP
This SYSTEC TOOLBOX component fixes a bug in FrameMaker 5.5.6 under
Windows XP that causes the program to crash when you dismiss the
FrameMaker Missing files dialog box by choosing the "Skip this file"
or "Ignore all missing files" radio buttons.

Solution:
1. You have installed TOOLBOX 2.1.
2. Download WA556XP setup ( Download - 661 kB).
3. Decompress and install WA556XP.
4. Start Adobe FrameMaker 5.5.6