Re: edd xml question

At 03:52 PM 2/15/2004, Wim Hooghwinkel wrote:
I want to set up in my EDD formatting rules for table cells. The Entry element (from docbookx) is the basic table cell element and can contain text. The tgroupstyle attribute (in tgroup element) is used for setting the table format. This is defined in the r/w rules file, hence the tgroupstyle attribute is no longer visible nor available in the document. Could I still use the tgroupstyle value to set a formatting rule for the Entry element? Or is there another way to use the table format as base for formatting?
The syntax 'If context is TGroup[tgroupstyle="Safetytable"]' does not seem to have any effect.

In another project, where table format was defined in the EDD using an attribute value, it worked fine this way - but then the attribute was visible in the attribute list.

Wim,
A context rule cannot test whether a particular table format is used. The syntax
you've given:
If context is: TGroup[tgroupstyle="Safetytable"]
tests the value of the tgroupstyle of the containing TGroup element. If you use this test in a text format rule for the Entry element, it will never be triggered, since the parent of the cell element is a row element. Instead, use
If context is: * < TGroup[tgroupstyle="Safetytable"]
to test whether any ancestor of the cell element is a TGroup with the indicated attribute.
You can map an XML attribute to and from an FM property and an FM attribute simultaneously with a rule such as :

       attribute "tgroupstyle" {
         is fm property table format;
         is fm attribute;
         }

--Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting and training
lprice@xxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505 cell phone: (510) 421-2284