From: owner-framers@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-framers@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Eshenroder, Huntley
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 6:49 AM
To: Dov Isaacs; Framers List
Cc: framers@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Message box when PDF files created with Acrobat 6 are
opened with Acrobat 4 or 5?

Is there a similar option under Acrobat 5 for maintaining the version of
the PDF initially created by Distiller? Our Frame documents are
generated to PDF 1.2 because we distribute our PDF files across a number
of platforms and for a number of companies, many of which strictly
control the software on the desktop.

Until this thread, and a problem reported by a customer earlier this
week, I did not realize that saving the PDFs with Acrobat was changing
the version of the PDF.

In the snowy northeast,
-Huntley