Seeking Cyrillic font advice

I write my manuals in English in FM 7.0 (WinXP) and they are translated to Russian in-house and given back to me as MS Word docs. I've been able to import the text into FM and apply my template by first saving the .doc as .rtf and then opening the file from FM.

However, the fonts I've used for my English versions do not work for Cyrillic, and I've had to change my tags to use Times Roman CYR instead of Lucida Bright for headings, and Arial CYR instead of Verdana for the body. I don't much care for the look of either of these fonts, and wonder if anyone has advice on alternatives that would have the same visual impact as Lucida/Verdana. Or better, advice on typical fonts or font characteristics (i.e., serif, non-serif, weight, angle, etc.) for headings and body that Russian readers would expect.

Any help appreciated,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

mailto:srogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Developers explain How the Product Works.
Technical Writers explain How to Work the Product.
 _
( )  ASCII ribbon campaign
 X   against HTML email
/ \  & vCards