RE: Need clear screenshots

At 1/7/2004 10:52 AM, Steve Rickaby wrote:
>At 10:04 am -0800 7/1/04, Dov Isaacs wrote:
>
>>Seems like way too many steps!
>>
>>First of all, you could use the BMP file as-is in FrameMaker,
>>although the file itself is not compressed.
>
>No I couldn't - publishers standards mandate CMYK TIFF (don't ask me...)
>
>>Secondly, Illustrator is not really an image-handling program.
>
>Seems to work fine, though.
>
>>Third, better solution is:
>>
>>Capture=>Photoshop=>TIFF
>>
>>where "Photoshop" could be Photoshop Elements!
>
>Hmmm.... are you actually telling me I should be using Photoshop rather than Illustrator? If so, why?
>--
>Steve

(1) If you are on Windows, your CMYK TIFF images will come out of
FrameMaker as RGB anyway. (By the way, your publishers CAN use RGB;
sounds like they are too lazy to! But then again, they are writing
the checks to you!)

(2) Illustrator is a vector artwork program that provides some
limited image placement and output services. Photoshop is an image
edit program and provides full services in terms of sizing,
resolution, and exact output format.

        - Dov