Re: Selecting graphic frame with other objects

Bill B. wrote:

> >I sometimes use a graphic frame inside an anchored
> >frame, or directly on a page that doesn't have a
> >text box.
>
>   Why would you do that? If you need to make a visible outline, just
> draw a rectangle with the drawing tools. Then you can select, group
> and move everything. You don't actually need a frame inside of a
> frame, do you? I can't imagine a reason for doing that.
>
>   Having said that, if you select the inner graphic frame, copy and
> paste it, then it should take any graphics that are inside it along
> with it.

I use graphic frames to hold equations inside of
a drawing.  I prefer it to using a text frame inside
the drawing to contain the equation, since the equation
itself is yet another anchored frame (inside the text
frame, which itself is inside an anchored frame...which
is why I'd like to avoid that).  I can also use a
graphic frame to crop imported graphics (or even a
collection of objects) with graphic frames.

I realize that cutting and pasting a graphic frame
carries along with it all the stuff inside the
graphic frame.  I was hoping to grab (or select)
a graphic frame along with peer objects (or groups)
for cutting and pasting.  As it is, it seems like
I can't even group the graphic frame with peer
objects/groups to try and achieve the same effect.

Fred

P.S.  Posted to:
framers@omsys.com
comp.text.frame
adobe.framemaker
--
Fred Ma
Dept. of Electronics, Carleton University