Problems continuing table numbering in book

Hi,

I've run unto problems with continuity of
table numbering between files of a book.
My table title paragraph has the autonumber
format:

	T:TABLE <n+>.

This works fine for the first 2 of 3
files in my book, but the numbering starts
all over from 1 in the 3rd file.  I have
paragraph numbering set to continue from
the last chapter, both in the 3rd file, as
well as its instantiation in the book file.
I've updated cross references from within
file#3, as well as updated the book from the
book file.

I'm not sure if it's related, but I often
place a table by first placing an anchored
frame within the page's main text frame
e.g. at the end of a paragraph, then placing
an "inner" text frame within the anchored
frame, then create a table within the inner
text frame.  Not all tables are done like this,
but some are directly created in the
page's main text frame.  However, this did not
cause problems in the 1st 2 of the 3 files.

Thanks for any suggestions.  I'm using FM6.

P.S.  Sent to:
comp.text.frame
adobe.framemaker
framers@omsys.com
--
Fred Ma
Dept. of Electronics, Carleton University